Grandma’s pear pudding
- 220 g Semolina flour
- 100 ml milk
- 140 g sugar
- 1 kg Opera® Abate Fetel pears
- 120 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of vanilla powder or extract
- 1/2 glass of Marsala wine (or Vin Santo Occhio di Pernice).
- Nutritional values
- Peel and cut into pieces the Abate pears and cook them in a pot with a few tablespoons of water, until they become tender. In a saucepan, boil the milk with the sugar, vanilla, oil and Marsala wine (or Vin Santo) over low heat for about 4 minutes.
- Add the semolina flour while constantly stirring with a whip in order to avoid any lumps. Cook for another 5 minutes, then remove from heat and add the eggs, one at the time.
- Take a pudding mould grease and flour and pour a first layer of flour mixture, then a second of pears, alternating until all the mixture and pears have been used, making sure to end with a last layer of semolina.
- Preheat oven 180° C and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool. Bon Appetit